Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Not a fan.
I tried out Facebook - I admit, I was curious, and it does seem to be a little more "grown up" than MySpace. But I can't really see the point. I keep trying and slowly my friend list is growing, but it's mostly people who either I see on a daily basis (and therefore can make fun of for the updates I get about their lives), or people I don't see often for a reason! If I want to know something about a friend, I'll call or email. It feels very strange to broadcast to everyone who's a friend of a friend what I'm doing or who I'm talking to. And the strange things that come up: plants, causes, games...and then the warning: if you try to do this, you are giving access to all of your settings and your friends settings - it seems very extreme. Definitely not a fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with a lot of your sentiments, and I waver back and forth between liking and not liking it. One day I'll tell someone I don't really like it "because I wasn't friends with these people in high school much less now" and the next day I'll tell a "real" friend that we need to get the rest of our friends on Facebook because I like to read my "real" friends updates since I don't see a lot of them very often. I want to play around more with how you can control the feeds in order to filter out the info I don't really care about ...
Post a Comment