Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Any Advice?

I'm coming up to my first research project of the school year. It's a Disease project, and the students have to find out a lot of different facts about a particular disease of their choosing. I'm trying to come up with plagiarism-proof project ideas. So far, the only idea I have is to have them make Public Service Announcements about the disease (like you see on TV -"the more you know" - etc). Our new laptops have the video feature in PhotoBooth (although when I use it too much it closes unexpectedly). Anybody else have any ideas?

2 comments:

Sara Etzel said...

I'll be anxious to learn if you choose to create PSAs. My daughter (she's in 8th grade) recently created videos for her language arts class in Imovie and then they were posted on YouTube. As a parent who is a teacher and bound by privacy acts, I was surprised that I wasn't asked to sign a media release form for this video to get posted. Do you think you'll post your videos online? Do you have any ideas what MSP protocol is for this? (I don't).

Sara @ Washburn

SKobilka said...

I don't think I'd post the projects anywhere public - maybe just show them in class. I'm giving options - poster (NOT merely info though, more of a public warning); video (like a news broadcast); or press release. I've been searching the internet a little to try to find examples but haven't had a lot of luck (it's only been a little).