I am part of a three-person teaching team. Two of us are part of the MILI group, and the other is somewhat of a techno-phobe (not necessarily a bad thing). One of the things that we do as a team is a weekly parent letter telling what is going on in each of our classes. In the past, my teammates would email their "news" to me and I would copy and paste it into a document, format it, copy it, and distribute it to my colleagues, who then distribute it to the students. But with the introduction of Google Docs, I had the idea of just starting the Doc and sharing it, with the hope that my team would fill in their areas. We tried it the first week, and for some reason nobody received my "invitation" to collaborate. Bummer. Then this week I sent out the Doc on Sunday night. On Monday during prep I helped my non-MILI teammate create a Google account, and as soon as that was done she added her info to the newsletter, and we were ALL SET!!! Very exciting.
I still have to copy and paste the info, format the document, copy and distribute...but it feels like we got a lot accomplished. I had the news before 9:00 Tuesday morning. By next week I don't think I'll even have to leave my room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea! I'm glad this is saving you time and effort!
Post a Comment